We started off this summer with 7U All-Stars for Sawyer. That didn't end until the end of June. Saw was catcher for the team. He did GREAT! He hung in there battling behind the plate for 5-6 innings a game...sometimes 2X a day...in 90+ degree heat. That is no small feat for anyone. His team ended up qualifying for the State tournament...which his Daddy helped coach and run! Jason and I had a crazy busy weekend as we helped run the tournament. Volunteer of the Year? I would vote for him! haha Sawyer has chosen not to play soccer this fall...even though he's pretty good and the team will miss him. He made a travel team for baseball so that will go from now until June 2017. It should be fun.
Sass and Sumner wrapped up their swim league with an appearance in the championships in mid-July. All of the kids were on the swim team, but Bebe and Sawyer elected not to do the meets. Sass loved it! She was actually pretty good for it being her first year participating in the meets. She loved winning ribbons...her favorite part!
Sumner did well too! He loves swimming and competing with his friends. He is not a year round swimmer so he's not quite as fast as some of the kids, but he definitely hangs in there. He's started pitching lessons in July and we're going to continue through August. He's tried out for a couple of travel baseball teams and we are currently waiting to find out how that turns out. Meanwhile, we just wrapped up our final 9U tournament season with his old travel team and it was sort of bittersweet. It's such a good team of boys and the families are so nice. I have a picture of the team, but I can't get it to work with the editing to the team name! Ugh!
Bebe has begun some math tutoring. Not fun, but necessary. I guess she inherited her momma's math genes. (Um...that's why I have a degree in English from UNC. It's as far from math as I could get!) She's actually doing fine, but we wanted her to have some extra support as she prepares for the 7th grade! She's also been doing some volleyball camps to keep her up to speed before middle school tryouts at the end of August. Two of the camps overlapped one week and she was playing volleyball from 9-4 and then from 6-8! Girl was tired by the end of the week! However, she got in a lot of great practice. She has about 2 more mini-camps coming up that I'm hoping will also keep her prepared for tryouts.
We also took a trip to the beach over the fourth! It was so much fun. We played in the water ALL DAY LONG! The weather was hot, but perfect because it is the beach after all! We read books, lounged under umbrellas, and drank a lot of no good for you sugar drinks! YAY! I'm ready to go back!
Oh and we got two new pets while at the beach! Hermit crabs! One for the boys and one for the girls! The girls lasted a month and died. Oh well...:( Then last night the boys' crab escaped it's cage! Sawyer forgot to shut the top door and it somehow crawled out and away! We are looking all over as I type this! Literally a needle in a haystack over here!
So...here's to hoping I'll post up again before Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment