Some of these are kind of old, but worth posting...
So we were watching America's Got Talent over the summer and this 11 year old girl is up on the stage singing. One of the judges loves her and hits the Golden Buzzer (which means the kid gets to skip the judging phase and go straight to the live tv show rounds).
Sass jumps up and says, "That is so not fair! She doesn't deserve it! She sang Oooo and we don't even speak Oooo!"
I asked, "Do you mean Opera?"
Sass says, "Yes! See! No one speaks that!"
**********
While playing...Sawyer was pretending to be a cop. He tells Sass that she can be the 'truder' (intruder).
**********
Sumner was watching stats running the bottom ticker during an NFL game one night and sees the top numbers go by for Philip Rivers (his favorite) and he says..."Warms my heart."
**********
One evening at the beginning of the school year we were having some random discussion about lice. I was saying how some kids have to have shampoo treatments and that for boys it's easier just to shave your head down nearly to the scalp.
Sass nodded along and then she piped up, "is that what happened to Uncle Johnny?"
(For reference...Uncle Johnny is her great uncle and he sports a shaved bald head!)
**********
After the boys were fussing one night Sass walks past me and says, "Kids these days".
**********
One night Sumner was helping me cook supper. I put some shrimp in the pan and he said he sorta felt sorry for the shrimp. I mentioned that if he really felt that way he could always be a vegetarian. He said, "No thanks, but I'm already a noodlearian!"
And he is...that child LOVES some pasta!
**********
One night in late summer, Sawyer was in the bathroom when Sumner stepped out of the shower. He looked at Sumner's tan lines and exclaimed, "Sumner! Your hiney is pitch white!"
**********
When we praised Sumner for getting straight A's on his report card, Sass said with an air of lah-tea-dah..."Well, I have NEVER gotten a Z on my homework!"
Hmm...whatever that means
Anyway...I have a few more that will have to wait until later. Gotta run! Stay warm!
*again...title stolen from Grass Stains blog
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
My kids are forever trying to figure out why their dad is bald. It's not a mystery, guys. He's just bald. His hair fell out.
ReplyDeleteKids, right?