Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Last Day

Tomorrow is a new day...and a NEW YEAR!  2016!  I'm ready for a new year.  A clean slate.  This has been a really good year, and very, very busy.  I am grateful for so many things like my little family here and then our families as a whole, the place we live, and the many opportunities we have.
While we are very blessed with so many things, I'm not sure we are always appreciative of what we have.  I'm hoping to take a good look at our lives this year and make sure we are focusing on the right things and putting our energies in the right places.  We are so busy, mostly by our own doing, and I again I want to be sure we're busy for the right purposes.

Jason and I both take on a lot of things for our kids.  We take on a lot of tasks, leadership roles, etc. where we see that it is needed.  We love being involved in our kids' lives.  I am not always content to put my kids' destinies in the hands of others when I'm not sure that others' motives are going in the right direction.  I tend to panic when I feel like a leader is needed in a certain situation and I'll inevitably volunteer because I'm afraid no one else will or the wrong person will!  I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, but oh well.

Okay, I'm rambling here, but my point is that I want to spend some time over the next few days reevaluating all that Jason and I are involved in and decide what things are most important because I don't want to be so busy planning and preparing for our kids' opportunities that we miss what's going on while we're in a meeting!

So I hope that 2015 was a great year for you and that 2016 is even better!  I hope and pray that it is the best year ever for my kids.  I am so blessed to be the mama to these four people.  It's an overwhelming responsibility and I'm honored to have the job.

A little recap of our year...
2015!  Happy New Year! 
(the boys were at Nana's)

Last Father Daughter Dance 

Disney World!

One of our big snows!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bebe turns 11!


Adenoids and Tonsils out...lots of ice cream & movies.

Bebe is a winner in the Math Fair

The boys work together and get first place in the Math Fair!

Sumner turns 8!

Happy Easter!

Opening Day with the Braves


Daddy and Sawyer (turns 6) share a birthday!

Sumner playing for his U8 Hurricanes!

Bebe plays on the U12 Wolfpack...undefeated team!

Saw plays  U7 baseball...

and  U6 soccer...undefeated team!


Mommy was on TV.

Starting off the summer with water and watermelon!

Sawyer learns to ride his bike!

Bebe graduates from Elementary School!

All-Stars!

Swimming for the Team!

First season swimming and Saw's in the championships!

Sassy's first swim ribbons!

Great Wolf trip #1!

  Beach Trip!


First day of school!  3rd and 1st

First day of middle school!  6th

First day of the last year of preschool

Playing soccer for the U6 Grasshoppers!

Terrible Picture...Great Pitcher! 9/10's kid pitch

 5/6 Volleyball!

Sawyer the big hitter!
He was also on an undefeated U8 soccer team (no pic)

Great Wolf trip #2 for Sass' birthday!

 A Star Wars Halloween!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers to a New Year!



















No comments:

Post a Comment