Friday, November 14, 2014

The State Fair + A Couple of Pictures

So shortly after The Sass' birthday we took the day off and headed to the State Fair.  Now normally I'm okay with missing a day of school for family events, but this year I was kind of thinking...with 3 kids in the school maybe we should stay and we could certainly benefit from saving the money that is spent going to the fair.

My husband, aka my biggest child, asked the kids with me in attendance..."Who wants to skip school tomorrow and go to the state fair?!"

It was a landslide.  5 Yea  1 Nay    

Majority rules in this house...democracy at it's finest.

Anywho, the next morning...after several hours of driving...we arrived!

Aren't we a fine looking group?! Oh good Lord who dressed these children?!  Wasn't me.






We did some walking, watched some pig races, a MotoX show, grabbed a bite of lunch...YUM fair food!...,and scouted out the rides.  These were some of the winners.
Just kidding...this was just on display.

Sumner and Bebe did this last year and loved it!  They wanted to do it again and so in they went!  A little boy got put in with them and they bounced and spun his little body like a rag in a washing machine.  I'm surprised he came out smiling and unscathed!

Content to sit this one out.

Pony rides are a good thing...

as are helicopter rides with your big sister.

But then it's on to some big kid rides with Daddy.

Yes, that's them in the top middle of the pic...being slung into the wild blue yonder!

Great shot of them, huh?  What color are her eyes?

Sumner's turn to be slung around with Daddy!

He saw me taking pictures and hammed it up a bit!  But I love it!


And then it was on to the gentle swings.

Not the seat number I would have chosen, but that's just me.

See the gentle swings!!!  OMG!

I did this several times.  
Especially when all 4 of my babies got into this centrifuge!
See below...
In this ride you stand against the wall and spins you so fast you can't lift your legs, arms, or head.  And according to the riders, your cheeks even start feeling funny.  Um, okay, I just crossed this one off my list forever.

But somehow they all emerged unharmed and without nightmares!

I ate a funnel cake, well what the kids didn't abscond, and brought home a bag of candy apples.  We saw the sights (including the people), rode the rides, and ate the food of the fair!  I would say a good time was had by all. 

Will we go next year?  I don't know.  But I do love a good candy apple!


No comments:

Post a Comment