Well, we wrapped up baseball for the boys this weekend. The end of a season is always bittersweet. I'm usually glad for a break, but am sad to see it end when the team really starts "getting it" and playing well together. The interesting part of this season is that our boys weren't exactly the big hitters at the beginning. However, I must say the last 2 games the "SBB" boys really stepped up! Both were hitters! Thankfully, Sumner overcame his slump here at the end and turned it around! His confidence level was soaring! In the last game, I must brag a bit, my boys got a hit at every at bat. Whoo hoo! They actually kept the team in the game on several occasions. They hit back to back in the line up and I was one proud mama to see both of my boys on base! Wouldn't you love to see a picture of them both on base!? Yea, me too, but my camera was out of battery and I didn't take one stinkin' shot with my phone! Mommy fail. My excuse...I'd been up since 5 am at a 5K. I walked...for the record.
Also, week before last...I know...I'm so behind on posting to the blog...was the end of preschool. Sawyer is done...as in graduated. I can't believe it! I mean
he was born Bebe's final year of preschool and here he is finishing preschool! What?! He had a good little class this year. Ms. Michelle was great as always, and Saw loved Ms. Christine with her "New Yok" accent and he complained that "she talks too fast" almost everyday.
He had a great friend in the class, Reed, which I've written about before, and another little boy named Brad that he really liked as well. He has been in preschool for 3 years with Reed and Brad...so I guess that was kinda his crew. However, he also had a little bit of a crush I think on this rowdy, tomboy of a little girl named Taylor. She loved to push and pull with the boys and never whined or cried...she dished and she took like a champ! ha So I think that he was pretty impressed with her! Whether I like it or not, he's so ready to go to the big school with his older siblings. Honestly, he just wants to ride the bus, go on the big playground, and get a new lunchbox and backpack! The schoolwork itself, I'm thinkin' he's not so hot on.
He will be going to Kindergarten next year and I'll have 3 little stinkers getting on the bus and going to the same school. That is just such a strange concept. I mean we've talked about it for years, but now it's like for real! I literally cannot wrap my head around the thought of Saw going to Kindergarten. I think Bebe is having a hard time with the concept as well. She
IS looking forward to being the oldest, the 5th grade "seniors" at her school, however, she
IS NOT looking forward to having her 2 little brothers at her school. I mean, seriously, she's way to cool for them. But I'll tell you who will have the hardest time with Sawbug going to school...the Sass. She's going to be home alone without her partner in crime. Saw and Sass, since they're not very far apart in age, they really play well together overall and are interested in the same things. She's gonna be a bit lost without her friend during the day. I guess I'm gonna have to step up my game during the long wait until the cool kids get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment