Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Sawyer! (a month ago yesterday)

I know, I know...it's been a month since the kid had a birthday and I'm just now getting around to it!  I don't know why.  I've probably had the time to upload pictures and post, but I just haven't.  Oh well! Whattaya gonna do? Sigh

So for those that care, or don't, Sawyer turned 5 on April 27.  Yep, he's the one that shares a birthday with his dad and his Nana.  Pretty cool, huh?  We only talk about it all year and it really becomes a hot topic when April rolls around.

This year was his "friend party" year.  He wanted to go bowling, then to Chuck E. Cheese, then to CiCi's, then to the beach, and on and on and on.  Then we hit upon the brilliant idea of having a shared birthday party with his best friend of 3 years (read: since they've been in the 2 year old class at preschool)...REED!  Sawyer loves Reed.  I mean loves this kid like a brother!  I'm pretty sure at times that Reed outranks Sumner!  All we ever hear about is Reed, Reed, Reed.

Anyway, lo and behold, the boys' birthdays are like 4 days apart and both wanted to invite the preschool class to celebrate their birthdays.  Soooo, Reed's mom and I decided to throw a double celebration.  We went to this indoor sports facility where the kids could play soccer, basketball, race scooters, play with a parachute, etc.  They had a great time.  Then they moved into the party room where the kids sang Happy Birthday to both boys.  They loved it the "dear Sawyer and Reed" part of the song!  Cracked me up!

The bad news...I forgot my camera.  Oh yeah!  That might be one of the reasons that I didn't do a post...because I didn't have any stinkin' pictures!  AAAACCK!  Even though they're not that great...
iPhone to the rescue!

Shaking the doodlin's out of each other!







Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my big boy!  Five seems so old.  It's so official...so not a baby boy anymore!

We love you Sawbug!  You've grown so much and are such a loud, rambunctious ball of energy and full of big laughs.  You are a Daddy's boy...a man's man, if you will.  You're mischievous without being malicious and you love a good fart joke as much as a good hug!  Thanks for letting us be your parents!


No comments:

Post a Comment