Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Did You Know There is Voting in May?



It is amazing to me the number of people that do not know that there are elections going on in May!  There are local and state elections on May 6th!  Actually, I went to early voting today...no lines people!  In and out in 10 minutes or less.
Now, I'm not judging...I've skipped a primary or two in the couple of years I've been old enough to vote.  tee hee  But I don't think I've ever been unaware that elections were being held.
Since my husband is on the ballot this go round it has become even more apparent that people are just too uninformed about voting or too lazy.  For real examples...one lady we know thought she couldn't vote on a county position because she lived in the city limits...and she'd never even registered!  OH MY GOODNESS!  Bless her heart...we've got her informed and signed up now!  Score one for the good ol' right to vote!  Another friend of my husband's said that we could put a sign up in his yard, but don't expect his vote.  Why, you ask?  Because he said he has better things to do...like take a nap!  His words...not ours!

I'm not telling you about my political beliefs or who or what to vote for, but it kills me that people don't vote at all, or even worse...never!  People all over the world would love to have the freedom to vote.  Just ask the women in Saudi Arabia if they'd like to vote or the people in countries where the votes are fixed.

Regardless of gender, religion, or color...people have pleaded, been beaten and demoralized for your right to vote.  Many, many have died for your right to vote!  

I could go on and on...

but I'll stop here...off soapbox...enjoy your the last day of April!  Can you believe tomorrow is MAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment