This weekend we wrapped up Sumner's soccer season...FINALLY! We thought he would be done towards the end of October, but no, his team had a tournament that extended itself over the last 3 weeks!
Let's just say...I love my son, but his team just wasn't that good. They had a couple of kids who had never played soccer before. (This is a league where most 6 & 7 year olds have played 6-8 seasons already! For real!) They had some attitude problems in the beginning from a couple of kids and so forth. We were the bottom team in the bracket at the end of the regular season and we only won 1 game. We got creamed most games.
But somehow, some way, the boys rallied, became a team, and suddenly pulled it together for the tournament. The first weekend they lost 1 game, but then surprisingly won the next 2. We were in shock to say the least. So they advanced. And just when we thought soccer was over...we had 2 more weeks of practices until the conclusion of the tournament.
To make a short story long, last weekend the boys won the semi-final and then late Saturday evening we played in the final against a team that had beat us 2 or 3 times already. And OUR BOYS WON! It went into a double over time and Oh My Gosh was it exciting. I've never been so excited for a bunch of 6-7 year olds! So congratulations to my little man, Sumner! I am sooo proud of him!
Sumner also plays flag football right now. He loves it and is having a blast with his buddies! He is starting basketball season this week as well. I wish things didn't overlap so much, but as long as he loves it we're there to support him.
Did I mention he plays in a Chess Club...with his first tournament week after next! And he takes Tae Kwon Do too. And he has a tournament in December! He's a busy guy!
Let me brag about Sawyer too! His little flag football team is just awesome. If you've never watched a bunch of 4 & 5 year olds play flag football...you're missing out. it is an absolute hoot! Funny stuff I tell you! Anyway, his team is fantastic...even if most of them are only 4...they are kicking butts out on the field. And his daddy, the coach, is only too pleased with his team.
We were gonna sign him up for basketball, but I think he's decided to find an indoor soccer league. He loves being busy, too, and the Lord knows...he needs to be kept busy. I don't think our house will be standing much longer if he's not.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
So fun that they won!! I hope my kids want to play soccer when they grow up!! ...will you email me if you have time?! AM is having all three done (tonsils, adenoids and tubes) so I would love to hear what to expect and how to prep if you dont mind sharing your knowledge!! here is my email: laurenbtrain@gmail.com THANKS!
ReplyDelete