We often tell the kids how lucky they are to have siblings. Siblings that we hope they will always support and that will support them. Jason and I each have 1 brother. And the dynamics of those relationships are very different. However, we will always love and defend our brothers. For me, I just cannot imagine a time or place that my brother and I would be at real odds with each other. Can't see it.
That being said...we were reminding Sass and Saw the other day about always looking out for each other and defending each other. Our teaching moment was specifically about defending his sister on the playground. Our advice, "Sawyer, if someone is bothering her go up and tell the kid to leave your sister alone and walk with her away from the kid. Don't let someone keep bugging your sister. Help her out and tell a teacher. Be a good big brother."
Sass' response, "Yeah, Sawyer, tell 'em to go away."
Saw's response (in his signature very loud voice), "I'll tell that kid to leave her alone and then I'll get a baseball bat and whack 'em!"
Umm, well, er.
A reteaching moment followed.
No comments:
Post a Comment