A milestone was passed on Monday that I didn't want to go unnoticed...we took down the baby swing that has been a playtime staple since 2005. We put up the blue and red plastic swing when Bebe was a little over a year old. It moved with us when we moved in 2007. And when Jason built the kids a swing set it was duly placed in its position beside the big kid swing. That was until Monday...and we took it down. We replaced it with another big kid swing. It's a little sad, but I think it's exciting to move forward.
Other things that I wanted to remember and don't know if I've ever noted before...
Cars. About a month ago when Sumner was sick and feverish on the couch I asked him if he would like to watch Cars. He replied, "No, I think I've grown out of that movie". Me...pouty lip sad face.
Also, I was cleaning up the boys room the other day, stacking books on their shelf when I realized how many Froggy books we have. You know, Froggy Plays Soccer, Froggy Gets a Baby Sister, Froggy's Halloween, Froggy's Day with Dad, etc. Sumner first got a Froggy book as a present from his preschool teacher when he was 2. He loved those books. It just dawned on me that we hadn't read one in nearly a year. Me...another sad face. However, we are reading the Junie B. Jones series and he is enjoying those.
As much as I tell Bebe to just pick a couple of stuffed animals to sleep with she always ends up with about 15 stacked on her extra pillow. Some of her favorites are her Bitty Baby, Lily, her fifty million dog stuffed animals (especially one named Ginger), and a Minnie Mouse her Nana bought her at Disney. She also often has a life-sized Rottweiler named Jaxy that takes up half the bed thrown in the mix. How she even has room to sleep I'll never know.
Even though Bebe is perfectly capable of reading a novel by herself...I still read to her every night. We like to read different series of books. For example, we read all of the Junie B. Jones books when she was in Kindergarten. One chapter a night. So, Christmas before last Meme gave her the Little House on the Prairie series. We just finished the 8th book...one more to go! It was such a good book this time because Laura and Almanzo fall in love and get engaged and Bebe just was so excited. I love seeing her so thrilled with a story in a book! Although I have enjoyed reading them so much...we've discussed a lot about living during that time period...one chapter at a time...I'm ready to finish up the 9th book and start something new. Not sure what we'll start. It's a toss up between the Chronicles of Narnia or the Harry Potter books.
Sass's current obsessions...she wants candy at any and all times. Although she doesn't get it. She goes through all kinds of ploys to try to get something. She gave me the countdown the other day. "Mommy, get me 'canny' in 4,3,2,1." She also tells me "I'll be sweet" and "I need canny because I don't feel good." She also wants to watch the movie Bolt and or Toy Story 3 everday. She says, "Mama, I wanna watch Bolt" or "I wanna watch Toy Stories"...yes, with a plural.
If you're still reading...thanks for letting me "scrapbook" my thoughts!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment