Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Got the Lowdown School is Never Gonna End Blues

The summer time school blues are hitting hard here at the homefront.  

Sawyer is in preschool...he sort of whines about going, but comes out smiling at pick up every time.  He's never really been into school.  He kind of shrugs and squinches up his face if I tell him it's a school day...but he goes with a little cattle prod prodding.  Praise Jesus he's only got a week and a half left because he's really been fighting going lately.  He's d-o-n-e...done.  It's gonna be tough for him to go next year to the 4 year old class where it's every day!  Geez...I'm kinda dreadin' it already.  I think he's going to revolt to the everyday thing.  Plus, we'll have the Sass probably cryin' over her preschool debut.

Bebe, who normally loves school and all that goes with it, is OVER it.  She's slow getting ready...well, she's always slow getting ready...but that's usually because she's debating over which shade of clear lip gloss she's going to try to get away with wearing.  Lately, it's just slow.  She's even skipping the sneaking of the lip gloss.  She's on total turtle speed.  I'm trying to encourage her by noting that several of her friends she won't see all summer...and then some of her classmates will not be in her room next year and so these last couple of weeks should be cherished!  She's not convinced...yet.

Sumner...well he has never loved school.  He has never really liked school.  He doesn't hate it.  That is to say, he tolerates it.  He goes, but it's not high up on list of favorite things to do.  It's been a rare day where he has something spectacular to announce regarding his day in class.  Luckily, he's got about 3 or 4 good buddies in his class that I think he enjoys.  He likes his teacher and going to Chess Club.  But overall, meh.  He's been saying he doesn't want to go anymore for about 3 weeks.  Not whining, just saying.  However, a bright spot this week...he seems to be reenergized by the countdown of days until summer.  So it's like he's stoked to go each morning because it's one more day to count down...20, 19, 18 to go!  Whoo hoo!  Hey...I can live with that attitude.

On the other hand...as we count down...20, 19, 18...I'm bracing myself for the 4 of them. All day. All summer.  Wanting food and entertainment.  All day.  All summer.  Somebody hand me a harmonica.

No comments:

Post a Comment