Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Think I Can...Or Should I Say I Thought I COULD

This is the little engine that can and did...

We bought this thing in 2005, I believe, for like $4 at a consignment shop.  Bebe walked behind it holding on to the handle.  Then she would get on it and ride.  And as parents with only 1 child will do...we spent a lot of time pushing her back and forth between us marveling at her gleeful face and chubby legs held high so she could go faster.  It has a button on top that when you push it makes the cutest little chugging noises and toot toot of the train whistle.  Then Sumner came and we enjoyed seeing him hang on and ride while we warned his sister not to push him too hard and too fast.  The chugging and tooting became annoying as all get out and we took the batteries out. Then Sawyer rode the train.  He dug in hard and pushed it to it's max speed just like his big brother taught him.  He provided his own noises since he never knew it had the capacity for annoying sounds.  Finally the Sass has pushed her toys on the train,  pondered why there is a button on top, and taken the little engine for a spin or two.  Well, yesterday folks Sass took the little train outside in the sunshine for it's final trip down the tracks.  The handle broke off leaving some sharp splinters of  plastic.  I gave Jason a sad face and showed him the evidence of a now bygone era...thus the retirement of the #9 little engine that could.

No comments:

Post a Comment