Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good Morning, Tuesday! Good is Subjective.

My oh my, is it the crack or what?  The crack of dawn that is...

I mean seriously, the sun isn't even up...but I am!  The children have had cereal, dressed, and readied their backpacks.  Ah, finally the sun cracks the horizon.  Minutes later two of the sweetest kids hold hands as they hop on the bus. Sigh...so sweet!  A third kid waves good-bye to the bus, while a fourth sleeps.

This is the second week of school for Bebe and the second day for Sumner.  Huh?  School started last Monday for both kids.  Sumner's school did a staggered entry this year, so he went with 5 kids from his class on Monday for their first day.  Then other kids went in small groups the rest of the week.  Today is his first day with the WHOLE class.  I think he'll have a great time.  I just hope he remembers the snack/lunch rule.  You pick 1 thing out of your lunchbox for snack and you eat the rest for your lunch.  Apparently, he was so hungry last Monday that he ate everything in his lunchbox for snack and then bought lunch in the cafeteria.  The latter part was dutifully reported to me by his sister who saw him shockingly buy lunch in the cafeteria!  I asked him why he bought lunch and he said...I was so hungry and they had these chicken sandliches (with an l) with hamburger bread and it was good!  Funny guy.  I don't know where he puts all the food he eats...he's a beanpole!
Anyway, I'm left here with 2 little darlings that are waiting to play Candyland, Cars Tire Fishing Game, and Elefun...and it's only 8 a.m.!  My this could be a long day!  I'm kidding!  Thank goodness Sawyer starts preschool tomorrow and will go MWF.  I think he's going to need it.  He already misses the big kids aaand it's been 1 hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment