The Olympics are wearing me out. I know by now everyone is tired of hearing about the Olympics, but I just feel compelled to watch these events. It just blows my mind that people actually spend hours upon hours upon days upon years practicing for these single events. And it's one thing if you win....say water polo or beach volleyball (Yay USA) because you will play several games, but if you run the 100m hurdles then it's all this preparation for like 1, 2, maaayybe 3 races. That's it. Your 4 year preparation is over in like 42 seconds. And that includes you running and qualifying in your preliminary, semifinal and final races! Are you kidding...that's crazy people! I just want to watch it all. I am staying up way too late to see qualifying of BMX, vault finals, high bar finals, beach volleyball...holy sheets, man!!!! Rowing, synchronized swimming, hurdles, archery, running for miles, shot put...I'm worn out! Not to mention all the six packs on full view...I'm feeling out of shape!
Anyway, as I was saying I feel compelled to watch the Olympics because my brain rationalizes that it is only once every 2 years (Summer/Winter) and somehow it is my American duty to watch and cheer. It's so frustrating to me though that so there is so much negative criticism about the athletes. Can't we just enjoy the fun? Can't we just focus on the sheer awesomeness of the speed of the swimmers and runners that television just can't do real justice? I mean social media is harping on post-win dances, hairstyles, and female body forms. Not to mention the social media's attacks against the major media outlets! Then the media outlets run segments on the issues of social media. Is there any irony here? Pots and kettles? Or is it just me? Can't anything be free of controversy, speculation, and overall harping on the molehills?
I just get tired of all that...or maybe it's lack of sleep. *head hitting desk*
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment