Tuesday, March 29, 2016

So There Was Easter...

Easter has come and gone.  We are wallowing in the awesomeness of Spring Break!  I seriously did not get up 'til 9:00 on Monday.  Of course, that is due in part to so many festivities over the weekend and the fact that my Tarheels are playing the Late Late Game. 

Total Tangent:  Starting games at 9:00 and 10:00 is tough when you're worn out from the day!  However, my sitting in the same spot and not moving the entire game (both Friday night and Sunday night) I'm sure is what helped the team win!  either way...we're in the Final Four and I'll be sitting in the exact same spot not moving the entire game next weekend!  Go Heels!

So, I'll zip it and just show you the Easter pics...

These two really enjoyed our church's egg hunt this year. 

Bebe and her friend decided to be silly and be bunnies.
I'm so glad they weren't too cool to have fun!

King of Cool at the egg hunt! 
Sumner and Saw are real big into the faux hawk lately!
I need to show them some old flashback shots of their Uncle Penn with his Mohawk from 1987!  Ha

Immediately after our church egg hunt we headed over to one of Sumner's friend's house for another egg hunt.  They also dyed eggs!  Lots of fun and so so many eggs for each kid!

Sorry for the bad shot, but it was about 1:00 in the morning...The Easter Bunny came!

The Bunny kept it minimal with a chocolate bunny, a cone of cotton candy, and a mini-Lego set!  If you know my kids...they are Lego obsessed...so I'm thinking this was their favorite basket to date!
A little dish of jelly beans and Whoppers Eggs (my favorite Easter candy) were left as well!
And, of course, the bunny left change-filled eggs to be hunted around the house for Easter morning!

The kids about to head out for their Easter egg hunt!

Because I'm the slackest mom ever...we didn't dye eggs until after church!  They loved it nonetheless!  They were very serious about it and took their time.  No rushing, no fussing, just focused egg dyers (is that a word?)!

The oriental lily in the foreground is one of a huge bouquet I got from a friend. 
It is absolutely gorgeous!  The blooms are bigger than my hand.  No kidding!

After our egg dying, we headed over to J & W's (aka Johndy and Wanda according to Sass) for an Easter/christening combo lunch.   It was delicious!  And, lo and behold, the kids' first cousins were there, too!  It happens so rarely for all 7 of them to be together that I had to take a quick pic.  They wanted to line up by height.  Incidentally, they're also in birth order except for the last two. C is about 3 months older than Sass, but she must've edged him out by height by like an inch.

After that...I had 12 loads of laundry to do!  I had not done laundry for 10 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment