Monday, November 23, 2015

Volleyball

We wrapped up the rec league volleyball season this fall in early November.  Bebe's team did well all season, but lost in the championships.  It was tough.  They could've beat the winning team on any other day, but it was not meant to be that day.  Oh well.  Regardless, Bebe had a great time playing for the Thunderbolts!  One of her best friends is on the team (pic above) and that made it all the more fun!  She had a great coach this season...one of the best she's had yet!

She likes volleyball and has decided she wants to try out for the middle school team next year.  The school teams are very competitive around here and if you don't play travel ball in the off season it is unlikely you will make the middle school team.  That being said...playing travel does not guarantee you will get on the team either.  Bebe tried out for 2 of the 3 big teams for U12 and made both.  Although I know Bebe is a decent player I was really surprised.  It is also very hard to make a travel team around here.  I think some of her age-mates may have made the U13 teams so it probably benefited her to stay at her age group.  Either way, she chose a team with a couple of girls she knows and I think she's really enjoying the practices so far.  Monetarily, it's a huge commitment.  We wouldn't have been able to do it without a little sponsorship (thanks Sonny)!  It's also a huge time commitment.  Practices twice a week November and December (one of which is 8 a.m. on Sat...ugh!) and weekend tournaments...every other weekend...from January to mid-April.  It should be interesting to see how all of this pans out for her.  Mostly I want her to learn a lot and have a lot of fun!

I'll keep y'all updated on how the travel season goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment