Monday, March 23, 2015

St. Pat's and Weekend Review

On the eve of St. Pat's Day Sawyer and I made a trap with a fake pot of gold and some gold painted coins to lure in a sneaky little leprechaun. We had the lid of the trap propped open so that when the little guy tried to get into the box to grab the fake gold the prop would fall and the lid would close.  However, the little leprechaun came into our house, made it safely in and out of our trap, and left each kid a gold dollar.  And since we tried to trick him...he tricked us by leaving a little mess and footprints behind!  I served green milk in their cereal that morning and we all wore green.  Other than that I did not decorate or celebrate because I'm not really straight off the boat Irish and I'm not 21 anymore.
Kind of hard to see...but I did the best I could in a hurry.
Can you even see the paint smears and the little green
footprints scooting out the cracked open door?

So this week I've been glued to the NCAA tournament.  I'm telling you...this might be my favorite sports week of the entire year!  With a field of 64 and then 32, there are games on TV from noon to midnight!  I love it!  See, some might like the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 or even the finals, and I do too, but then obviously there are not as many games on TV...so even though I love it...not as fabulous as the 64/32 weeks.  A bonus...the Heels are usually winning this week too! 

I filled out my bracket with as much passion and fervor as a kid writing his Christmas list for Santa.  I could feeeel it...I knew my picks were AWESOME...that is, until Baylor lost in the FIRST round.  And then seriously...Iowa State went down to UAB!  What?!  Talk about bracket busters!  Maybe next year!

Anyway, Jason and I went to the first round Michigan St. vs. Georgia game followed by the UVA vs. Belmont game on Friday.  It was fun even though I didn't really care about either game overall.  We took another couple with us and sat in a suite.  I do love a suite.  Having your food and drink right there...no 'excuse me, excuse me' trying to get past everyone's knees just to get a drink from concessions.  Oh how the other half must live!

After the games we headed home and Jason coached Sumner's team through a scrimmage game.  Even though no one was keeping score, including me, it was obvious our team killed the other team.  Somehow are boys are just coming up big hitters and I'm so proud of them.  They're having such a great time.  The other team had some kids from our church and we yelled and hollered for them too.  It was such a nice time...no pressure from a win/lose game.  Both teams had a lot of fun.

Bebe went to the regionals for the Math Fair again this weekend.  Her project was about the wait time at Disney World.  It was titled:  Disney World - Have a Magical Day Wait!  She came up with the average amount of time you would spend JUST waiting in line if you wanted to ride all of the rides and visit the characters at the four major parks of Disney World.  Her answer...23 hours!  So many people stopped by her project and commented on the time and what a good idea it was.  One dad even said to his wife, "See!  Now I have more ammunition for not wanting to go to Disney!" ha ha
 
Even though she did not come home a winner, she was more than happy to celebrate in the Student Store by picking out a prize - 2 new books to read! ha ha  I told her I thought that was the only reason she wanted to go to the University...books from the bookstore!
Poor Meme she got stuck at home baby-sitting the Sass while we were at the Math Fair.  It's not easy watching over that one!  Thanks Meme.

While the girls and I were all about the academics, the boys bailed on the Math Fair and played soccer.  Sumner had 2 games and Saw had one.  Sumner won one, and lost one.  He played goalie some and did really well from what I understand.  Sawyer scored a goal in his win and also played goalie for awhile.  I hate I missed it, but I'll be there next weekend when we double up with soccer AND baseball!  Baseball season opens up next week! 

Sunday we went to church, had a quick brunch with Jason's aunt and uncle, then home to do about 10 loads of laundry and watch some basketball!  It was a nice day to have nowhere to go!!

One more thing...Bebe is 'graduating' from elementary school this year and, of course, in the yearbook they ask for baby pictures from the 5th graders.  I pulled about 8 pictures that I liked and let her pick which one...
This just kills me...I mean look at that face!  Those cheeks and that hair bow holding on to about 10 pieces of hair!  ha ha  This is her first birthday portrait.  Where did the time go?  How is my baby getting so big!

Happy Monday, y'all!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment