Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Anniversary

Lucky 13!

I've been married for 13 years...seems like nothing and yet forever.  J and I have actually been together for 18 come this July so we've known each other for awhile now. 

I think it's cute when someone says they've been married for a year or two...maybe three.  And I am in absolute awe at the couples in our church service that have been married for 45, 50, 55+ years!  I'm always like, "What!?  No way!"  But there they are shuffling to the front of the church to be recognized, usually with the husband ever so slightly guiding his wife by the elbow.  Actually, I like to think the gentle touch on the elbow is more about reminding her he's right there behind her...loving, supporting, honoring, part of the team...than really guiding.  I like to think she knows that simple touch is there because it's always been there and always will be.  They've done it right.

A couple of weeks ago J and I went to Sawyer's parent/teacher conference.  She saw us coming down the hall and said, "Oh, look at how cute you guys are...holding hands and all."

And I thought to myself  "Are we cute?  Why?  Doesn't everyone hold hands when they've got the chance?  When kids aren't in tow or shopping bags aren't weighing you down."  I guess not or she wouldn't have noticed, right?

Thirteen!   We're teenagers!  And just like teenagers...we're emotional and imperfect.  Good days, bad days, moody at times, but then some really great times that only help you grow!  I can only hope that when we're grown up we'll be shuffling up to the front of the church, and someone else will notice Jason's hand touch my elbow ever so slightly, and think 'that's right...that's how it's done'.

So 13 it is!  Happy Anniversary Jason!  Love you bunches!



PS - *SHMILY*

No comments:

Post a Comment