Cutest set o' braids I ever did see!
*****
Sumner did a book report for school which involved making a pumpkin look like the main character in the book. Can you guess who his main character was?
I thought it turned out real cute and it was super easy.
That's my kinda project!
*****
Paw Paw Mason always carves the kids' jack o'lanterns each year. They put in their "order" for what they want on them and he always delivers! Pumpkins, a dragon, a ghost, and witch!
These are great, yes?!
*****
We also attempted to go to a Trunk or Treat, but it's a really long story and we got ready for it, took pictures, it was cancelled when we got there. They were so disappointed. It broke my heart.
Soooo, I did what any mother would do...I made them a Halloween Festival. I asked them to wait out side for 5 minutes. I ran inside and got busy!
I pulled down the candy bowl and stuck it by the front door. I drew a large poster of a ghost with eyes only and taped it to the wall. I cut out big lips on colored paper for each kid. Set out 3 pumpkin buckets on the living room rug and pulled out these Halloween plush toys I have by the hearth.
Phew! 5 minutes later...I told the kids to come around to the front door for trick-or-treating.
They rang the door and yelled "Trick-or Treat!". I handed out Snickers and told them to go back down the sidewalk and come back. They ran down the sidewalk to the driveway and back to the door again. Ding-dong! I answered the door to them yelling again and I handed out Ring Pops. Wash. Rinse. Repeat until I'd handed them out Smarties, Whoppers, Blow-Pops, and gum. Is it sad that I had this all on hand?! ha ha They all got so tickled at running down the walk and back to their own house!
Following trick-or-treating I invited them in to play "Pin the Lips on the Ghost", which they thought was hilarious! The ghost had lips above his head, a couple in the right place but turned sideways, and one pair of lips nearly between his eyes! They wanted to do play a couple of times and then we moved on to the Toy Toss. With the Halloween stuffed animals (basically bean bags) the kids had to toss them into three pumpkin buckets I had placed in a triangle pattern about 6 feet away. If they got all 3 in they got a prize. I luckily had spider rings, some Halloween erasers, and more Smarties on hand.
After that we had a small snack of apples, caramel, and candy! They liked this so much I think they forgot about the Trunk-or-Treat and made me promise to do our own festival again next year!
For this I let them pick out whatever they wanted to be...
Darth Vader, a Cowgirl, an App Basketball player, and Elsa.
I love these costumes!
*****
So for Halloween, (in case you're new to reading this) I always make my kids go with a theme.
THis year they decided to go as football players and cheerleaders.
We already had a Tarheel cheerleader outfit for The Sass and after a quick scrounging up of an outfit and some iron on bits Bebe was ready to go as well.
The boys were originally supposed to be Tarheels football players, which was be great because 1) I love the Tarheels and 2) we have complete outfits and helmets for both boys already! It was a win-win.
However, the day of Halloween, Sumner decided he wanted to be a Steeler. Well, then Sawyer wanted to be a Steeler too! The good news? We have 2 Steeler uniforms. The bad news? One Steeler helmet.
So we improvised. Since Sumner had the Big Ben #7 jersey and Sawyer had the #43 Troy Polamalu jersey we decided a compromise.
Sumner gets the jersey...Saw gets the hair!
So about 4:30 we went out and bought a wig. At first he was a little reluctant to put it on because he thought it was REAL hair!
But after some convincing he slipped it on for pictures. Then after trick-or-treating began and he discovered that EVERYONE knew who he was and loved his outfit...he was all in. He wore the wig the whole time out.
So there you go! We're really catching up now! And Thanksgiving's not even here yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment