Thursday, October 2, 2014

Living the Dream

As I peruse the Internet, or just stare at the foodie magazines in the cashier's line, there are the cutest pictures of things that you can make out of food for your kid's lunch.  I consider myself mildly creative and I'm a stay at home mom, so I should have a) plenty of ideas and b) plenty of time!  Right?!  Wrong.

This is my feeble, and I stress feeeeeble, attempt when the Sass asked me the other day for ham.  Ham which actually can be either bologna or ham.  Whichever....totally interchangeable in her book.

It's all I got...

I will also take credit for the fabulous food photography.  I know...I know...I oughta be in Bon Appetit!


On a different note...
I helped a friend out this morning teaching this toddler class with her.  I was the lovely assistant!  It was about an hour's worth of work.  I thought I was just helping her out, but I got paid, y'all!  Let me tell you...I got $20 just for helping her set up, wrangle a few little ones, do some dance moves, and helping her clean up!

But that $20 is ALL MINE!  I EARNED IT ALL BY MYSELF!  It is so nice to have my own money!  I'm not sure of the last time I had my own money in my own little hot hand!  It was so liberating, so exciting!  I thought of 1,000 different ways to spend it!  Starbucks?  A t-shirt?  A for real grown up sandwich from Panera Bread?  Or just save it?

I opted for saving it!  Yay me!  I savored the moment I slipped it into my wallet.  I real $20 that no one gave to me...tucked into my wallet.

Then the kids came home from school a little bit ago and Bebe announced, "I need lunch money."  To which Sawyer added he needed some too.  Sumner piped up with a "me too".  I generally send in about $10 to their accounts every few weeks or so.  Easy math, folks!  $10 x 3 = $30

Ugh!  So easy come, easy go.  $20 made and $10 dollars in the hole!  Ahh! Living the dream!  Tee hee!

But it's not all Debbie Downer over here...we've got some exciting things coming up that I can't wait to share later this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment