Check out the size of this snowball! It is as tall as Sawyer (who's
in there between Jason and Sumner).
Sidenote: Sumner cried and wouldn't come out with us for 30 minutes or more because we made him wear his sister's old polka dot raincoat. Then when it stopped snowing and we told him he didn't need it...he wouldn't take it off! What is wrong with kids!?
This undecorated snowman is about 9 feet around and 6 feet tall.
Building the snow fort.
And then there was sledding...it was TO DIE FOR! We had the best time! I bought a four person sled on Monday. Bless the guy at the counter's heart...since I bought new gloves for everyone ($200) he threw in the mega-sled for half price. Probably shoulda thrown it in for free, but it really proved to be a great sled!
Sledding near our house.
Whoo hoo!
Sumner on our NEW mega-sled.
Lovin' it!
Then we graduated to another hill not too far from our house. It was about 30+ feet from top to bottom and super fast! We went in the evening when it started to get a bit icy and was certainly some of the best sledding I've ever experienced! Yes, Momma went on the sled several times! No photos available of that!
We had a few wrecks. Exhibit A...Sawyer in mid-flight off of the sled.
Exhibit B...shows that most were pretty funny. No injuries.
Sumner zoomin' luge-style!
The new sled is so fast her coat is blowing up!
Sumner on the disc.
Go Sass!
Havin' fun!
Wheeeeee!
The sled was so fast I had a hard time taking pictures! And I was in sport mode here!
And this folks is what it's all about!
Oh, and this! Hee hee!
Oh and did I mention...the snow cream? Always a hit! Below you can barely see our snow cream collecting bowls the boys put out!
Yum!
With temps headed into the mid-60s this week it's time for the clean up to begin!
Please note that this is half of the snow clothes hanging around the house, you can't even begin to see all the boots, gloves, and extra socks. Also, notice the hot cocoa mugs and cookie crumbs on the floor! Oh, and we're up to our elbows in train tracks, Play-doh crumbles, and Lego bits!
No comments:
Post a Comment