Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Good News and The Bad News

Let's start with the bad news shall we?

On November 30th at approximately 11:30 on a cold Saturday morning my camera was basically ruined.  Said camera was placed in the middle of my fold out chair bench (like a fold-out chair, but has 3 seats) as I had just taken pictures during a flag football tournament.  Then one of my children, who shall remain unnamed...
okay it was Sass...
set her Gatorade down beside said camera.  The problem?  She didn't put the lid on very well and it leaked a nice camera-swallowing puddle into the seat.  So now my camera barely works and it doesn't zoom right and the flash is kinda sticky and it's a big mess.  So that right there is the bad news and the number one reason there have been no photos lately.

The good news?!

I've uploaded a few meaningful, but terrible pictures for your viewing pleasure.  One of my favorite things each holiday season is decorating the tree.  If I had to boil down our decorations to 2 things it would be our fireplace/mantel and the tree.  I'm no decorator, don't claim to be, and I like to keep it simple.


Each year I get my kids a glass ornament and write their name and the year on the bottom.  I try to find something that is relevant to them at this stage in their lives...Sumner got a football ornament, Saw a helicopter (aka heli-bird as he likes to say), Sass got a sort of candy/bon bon ornament (uh, because the girl loves candy), and Bebe got the same candy ornament (same reason).  This is the first year I've ever bought two of the same, but the girls both loved them.

However, other than looking at their ornaments each year, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting my grandmother's and great-grandmother's ornaments out!  They are obviously old and kinda losing their shine, but I wouldn't have new ones to replace them for the world.  I even have the original boxes where they sold for 10 cents!  Feast your eyes on these awesome ornaments.  Forgive the quality of the shots as you view them through the post-haze of a Gatorade bath...
Can you see there on the right (under the tape) where it is marked 10 cents?

Love these old boxes!  Most have their original dividers.
Like disco balls!  They reflect such great light!

Hopefully I'll be back with some more photos soon!  Right now I'm enjoying the tree and the kids singing programs this week!  Lots of fun things to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment