Have you ever tried to explain the following to a 3rd and 4th grade girls basketball team?
Screening. Cutting to the ball. Pick and roll. In the paint. Boxing out.
No? I don't recommend it.
Have you ever coached 3rd and 4th grade girls in a basketball scrimmage?
No? I don't recommend it. It's like herding panic-stricken cats.
***************************************
This might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever posted...
whenever I see a moped out and about on the road and they sometimes have those license plates that say MOPED on the back...I always say in my head 'moped'. Like as if the O was a long O. As in 'moping about' or 'feeling kind of mopey'. And I think that if I was on a moped with a helmet and trying to hold onto my purse or something then I would be moped too. I think it every time.
***************************************
Today Sawyer was changing out of church pants and putting on some sweats. I was helping him with the button and just being silly I commented on his undies...
"I sure like those underbritches you got there! They look like some Daddy has. Do you know what they're called?"
"No...what?" Saw is smiling because he likes anything like his Daddy.
"Boxer briefs."
"Humpf", he says looking genuinely surprised, "Does Daddy actually box in them?"
***************************************
Sass was practicing Away in a Manger for her preschool sing-a-long. I tried to join in. She promptly stopped and said, "No momma! You ruin it! I can do it my own self!"
***************************************
Sumner and Sawyer are having a conversation in the back of the car.
Sumner: Do you know what our real names are Sawyer?
Sawyer: Silence...he's stumped as to what Sumner is talking about.
Sumner: I mean our real names are Sumner and Sawyer right now. But someday we'll have double real names.
Sawyer: Still silent and looking at Sumner like he's a monkey playing a ukulele.
Sumner: Like when we are grown ups we get double names. Like Jason and Daddy...same person...double name.
Sawyer: Still silent, but you can tell he's debating whether this is brilliant information or Sumner's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
***************************************
Speaking of light bulbs...
When Sumner has an idea he wants to share he says, "Light bulb!" It's a real hoot I tell ya! So cute!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment