Usually we use peanut butter cookie dough, smush 2 chocolate chips in for eyes, a red hot candy for the nose, and some pretzel pieces for antlers. And bake. It always turns out cute.
But then...when it comes to eating said reindeer cookies it isn't so cute. The kids turn their noses up at the red hot cinnamon candy nose and usually pick it out or spit it out. They nibble off the eyes and then around the pretzel antlers. They either toss the antlers or spit our soggy fragments of antlers into napkins. Finally, the lump of cookie that is left either gets a half-hearted bite or just thrown away.
So reindeer cookies no more, I say!
Bring on the reindeer donuts with M&M noses! A dab of Nutella to "glue" on the eyes and nose.
Not a crumb was left over this year!
I know, I know...I should be a food network food photographer!
Enjoy the excellent photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment