Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Randoms

Sumner is at Construction and Lego camp this week.  He likes it just okay.  Each day they build or craft something like an alien or a car with recycled items.  They also have time to build with Legos. But it's not Legos the whole time like he was thinking.  I think he thought he was going to be building something massive each day with Legos.  Like he was going to build something like a surfer on a wave...
 
Needless to say, it hasn't been quite that.  He is having some fun because he has a friend Dylan that goes with him and having a friend can make anything more fun.
 
*****************
 
The other day I was cleaning up in the kitchen and Sass ran up to me totally freaked out with a plastic cup in hand and gasped, "Oh Mommy look!" 
I sorta half-glanced at her pinched face and said, "What's the matter?"
She said "Oh no!  Daddy pooped!  Sooo disgusting!"  And then I immediately looked at her and the plastic cup. 
I said, "What are you talking about?"  And then it hit me..."Oh no, that's not poop.  That's Daddy's yucky spit.  Go put it back." 
She had pulled down from Jason's desk one of his nasty spit cups.  Inside the cup is a scrunched up paper towel and a little brown ball of dip...so thus her assumption...
 
*******************
 
 
Sumner is obsessed with the TV show American Ninja Warrior.  He loves watching the show!  The other day we were at the park and asked if he could take of his shirt.  I said "go for it" and he tore it off and hit the climbing wall and so forth.  He then would call back to his Daddy and say "Look at my muscles, Daddy.  I'm in training".  He kept running around saying he was pushing himself to his "No Limits".
 
Then he decided he needed to build an ANW training ground at home.  He took pencil to paper and begin creating a blueprint of obstacles to build in our yard.  He did not see my logic when I told him he could just go back to the park to 'work out'. 
 
He has been begging me to get in touch with the producers of the show to do an American Ninja Warrior Kids.  He really, really wants to be on the show.
 
Oh, and he also wants to start Tae Kwon Do again.  This may be in part to him watching Karate Kid (the original, of course) for the first time.  I believe he thinks he's Daniel-son.
 
*******************
 
The other night at supper we were having a rare quiet moment when totally out of the blue Sawyer says, "Mommy, Daddy, when you die and go to Heaven can I have the shed?"  Now if you know Sawyer he LOVES tools and working on stuff with his Daddy and PawPaw Benny.  So for him to ask for the shed is such a hoot!  By the way, we said, "Yes".
 
*******************
 
And not to leave Bebe out...Bebe is sooo bored.  Her two big camps are over.  The horses are over for now.  Sleep away church camp is but a memory.  Sumner is at Lego camp and it's been raining for days and days and days.  Bless her heart...she's only had one good friend over this week, been out to a tennis lesson, swim lesson, and playdate with 3 other of her good friends, been signed up for a volleyball mini-camp with those 3 friends for next week, been swimming for 4 hours with her siblings and PawPaw during a rare moment of sunshine, and watched tv, played games on her phone, read books to her heart's content, but that's it.  Bless. Bless.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment