So we just got home from picking Bebe up from her first day at Horseback Riding Camp. It's a 9-3 camp where they learn about taking care of the horses and play games and craft and what not. Oh, and they ride the horses. According to Bebe, her new favorite horse's name is Lenny.
The good news...she loved it. In her own words..."Best Day Ever!"
The bad news...she loved it. My wallet just screamed and dove down into the depths of my purse!
However, since now it is raining and I had a spare 5 minutes I thought I'd come back to a previous post where I mentioned Bebe wanted some new earrings. So here goes...you know just to "scrapbook the moment".
We went to pick out some earrings and I'm thinking we'll get her a little set of some fun earrings. My definition of "fun" is being real hip and getting some gawdy neon or super sparkly balls of glitter matter. I was sorely mistaken as to the proper Bebe defintion of "fun". Apparently, "fun" means 4 inch long dangly earrings which are dangling a minimum of 3 hot pink gemstones the size of a nickel each. With gold accents, of course.
What killed me is that she seemed genuinely shocked when I said No. I told her I just felt like they didn't really give off a casual, at school, 4th grader vibe. Then I again said no and that they were way to old for her when she scoffed at the thought that they would not be appropriate for age 9.
I did negotiated a deal with her, however, promising that if those showstoppers are still there when her junior prom rolls around...they are hers! My treat. Crazy enough, she fell for it and we went home with a set of 3 modest silver teeny-tiny loops, fake pink diamonds, and fake diamond diamonds. Ahh the art of negotiation
Welcome to my world, people.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment