I want a canoe.
I have this little vision of taking the kids out this summer on a early morning float...maybe heading out to the island...whilst sipping juice boxes and having a little snack.
Then reality hit me...like an oar to the head...
Who knew canoes were so stinkin' expensive? I mean I knew they weren't like selling for $100 bucks a pop, but holy smokes...we're talkin' $1,000s here. Like the grand of the grand...a beee-u-tee-ful wooden one...that I wouldn't have dreamed of any way...was ON SALE for $7,995!
So, on to the new, but mostly used plastic and aluminum ones...I've looked at the big outdoor stores, craigslist, etc. I'm thinking people are probably just sitting on these 'one-summer-and-done' canoes & are basically giving 'em away...paying you to haul it off! Not so much. Still pretty much coming in around $300-$700 range.
Oh, and an oar is nearly $100. Maybe Jason can fashion one out of the lake debris logs that float up on our beach!
I do have one hope...that a friend of a family member still has an old one that they do not use anymore.
Here's to hoping someone donates one to my mini summer camp!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment