And I guess today will be Fever Friday.
After a good day on Wednesday with no one throwing up and Sawyer in full recovery mode (being loud, running, and smiling), then came Thursday.
Bebe went to bed late feeling a teensy bit bad on Wednesday, but on Thursday morning...she was feeling horrible. She missed a field trip and riding the bus with her bestie, which I think added to the horrible. Sass and Saw were doing great, Sumner went to school, and Bebe parked it on the couch in misery. At some point around lunchtime, she decided to take a shower so she would feel better. Instead...puke! She was miserable the rest of the day and hot with fever. However, she did not throw up again! Yay!
Double yay! yay! because...
I don't think I could've dealt with her throwing up that afternoon. When I got Sass up from her nap she immediately asked for popcorn and a movie that I had promised her. So, when I got her up I said "let's get some popcorn" when blech! on her shirt and all over my sweater. Then when I tried to hold her over the potty or sink to throw up in she FREAKED OUT! I think my baby thought I was trying to throw her in the toilet or something! It was nearly impossible to keep that girl in a seat surrounded with towels. She threw up several more times anywhere she pleased...which is why I cleaned up several areas of floor, changed my own clothes frequently, and I'll be washing towels/clothes all day. During the night I put the pack-n-play in my room, lined with towels, so I could keep an eye on her. She didn't like it. She slept like 1 hour, threw up (into a towel) as I held her in my bed, and began to heat up with fever. I "slept" sitting up holding this little fireball and watched several episodes of Swamp People, a show with Larry the Cable Guy fishing for alligator carp in Louisiana, a Tom Hanks CNN interview, the Too Damn Early Show, and my bracket go to hell with California and Harvard pulling out wins.
So...here's to Fever Friday...as I am sure Bebe and Sass will be trying to shake their fevers in recovery today. Jason and I on the other hand are in full panic mode! Please add us to your prayer list that we do not get the fro-ups.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment