Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Bebe!

My big girl is 9!

Bebe, my first baby girl, is 9 years old today!  What can I say about my girl?
She is funny and quiet and sweet.  She is serious and loud and a bit mischievous.  (yes, that's how you spell it)  She wants to make you proud...she doesn't like to disappoint you.  She likes looking at herself in the mirror a bit and wants to be pretty.  She is finally, and might I say unfortunately, getting into the preteen styles.  She loves the clothes that I think are tacky.  She loves the shoes that I think are Oh.My.Gawd Tacky.  I still pick out her clothes for public appearances...she picks out what she wants if we're just staying in.  Although I must say she is pushing me on that one.  And I occasionally give in, too.

She LOVES to read...doesn't like math.  She loves candy, shrimp, chips, pasta salad, and Sprite.  She loves stuffed animals and riding her bike.  She wants to wear heels and struts around like a Real Housewife in my old prom heels.  She bosses the boys around like she's the Mama.  She loves to swim and play sports.  She wants a pool even though we live on the lake.  She wants it all.  I swear it's like looking in a mirror sometimes.  But she will be quick to remind anyone that she is "just like her Daddy".  One of her proudest moments is when she can declare that she and her Daddy have the same eyes and same gas!  Ha ha!

I love my big girl so much.  I worry about her as only a mother can do and as her parent...hope that as she is the first kid I'm not messing her up.  She's the parents' guinea pig for the others.  I want her to be everything and have everything...that she needs and little extra now and again.  I want her to experience so many things that I never did and be a confident young lady someday.  So far, I think she is well on her way!

Happy Birthday Bebe!  We love you!

(as Sass would say..."Happy Dirthday!")

No comments:

Post a Comment