Oh my goodness y'all...it's raining. Again. The forecast is rain for 3 days. I might just go insane!
I'm happy to announce that the girls have the sniffles. When I say sniffles that can mean any symptom in the realm of a cold. Bebe has a good ol' chest cold/cough. Sass' nose is running. Bebe had a tee-tiny fever on Friday night, but it has not shown back up. We're 4 days out from that so I'm hoping it won't come back. So why am I happy to announce it...becaawwwse (fingers crossed)...it's not the flu!
I'm not a big flu shot-getter. I just can't see why I would want to get one or subject my kids to it when they come out on tv stating year after year that they didn't get it right.
And remember H1N1? I didn't get one for any of us then either. I debated. I worried. I wavered. I prayed, of course. But I didn't get it. However, this year with such a wide outbreak of the flu and the announcement that the flu shot makers got it mostly right...we got one. Well, almost all of us got one. Jason had to get one back in the fall due to his job. Sass got one at the pediatrician's office last Thursday. I got one at the drug store on Friday night. Bebe and Sumner got one at another drug store on Saturday morning. Sumner was so panicked about getting one that after it was over he didn't even remember what he had done prior. Which means he must've like blacked out or lost all memory of his screaming and crying like a crazy person, crawling on the floor, making a run for it only to have his daddy grab him at the last minute and pull him back in the room. He only remembers himself strolling out afterwards like he was king o' the world, saying it wasn't too bad, and giving advice to his siblings about how to handle shots in the future! What a hoot! So, if you haven't been counting, that's 5 shots for 6 people. Sawyer is the odd man out. So let's have a moment of silent prayer for him.
Really. Say a prayer. ****************************** Thank you.
You can never have too many prayers said over you.
Okay. So he didn't get his flu shot because either he didn't make the age cutoff for the pharmacies or our doctors' offices were out of supply. We'll just have to manage.
Will I get flu shots next year? I don't know. I guess I'll play it year by year. I have crazy thoughts that cover the spectrum.
On the one hand...It's a shot that can only do good, right? It's a safeguard. It's a split second of pinch that can prevent days of sickness or worse (that I do not want to think about). Or it can't hurt even if it is totally useless and doesn't cover the strain of flu that comes up that year.
On the other hand...how do I know it's not a government conspiracy? Are they injecting some tracker into our bodies? Or more likely is it yet another ploy to make money for the pharmaceutical companies with some sneaky horrid kickback to the larger government? Or some small secret sect of Congressmen that get paid heavily by the lobbyists to say the flu shot is so necessary.
I know. I know. I'm losing my mind! ha ha So regardless of your stance on flu shots or government conspiracy...here's to your health! And if you have the flu or any other thing...just stay home! And please, please, stay away from Sawyer! ha ha
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment