Y'all check the weather in Hades because I think Hell has officially frozen over!
I bought the boys camouflage pants today!
I know, I know. I do believe this might have been on my Never List. As in I will NEVER buy my boys camouflage clothes. Or I will NEVER like Coach K. Don't get me wrong...I understand it is a staple of some wardrobes across the land. But not mine. Maybe when they're 18 and officially on their own they can buy all they want...as long as it's not in their wedding color scheme. Or if they're bona fide hunters or in the military...go for it.
And although it doesn't bother me quite so much on grown men...I don't love it EVER on little ones. I'm not all high and mighty about it...I watch NASCAR for goodness sake...I just don't like the look. I can't stand camo shirts, crocs, hats, "My Daughter is a Deer" camo dresses, etc. Don't even get me started on pink camouflage clothing. And Army camo is one awful thing...but Lord help, the camo with leaves and swaths of pine needles or what have you makes me cringe on little kids.
So, with that being said...my boys both picked out a pair of camouflage pants (technically the army pattern I guess it is) today at the store like they had just found the holy grail! Sumner said, "Hey Momma, look! It's armor pants. Can I get some armor pants? Hey look, Saw. Let's get some armor pants." "Armer pants"...are you kidding me? I couldn't help but laugh and fork over the cash. Where their sudden enthusiasm for camo came from I do not know...maybe it was from all of the Duck Dynasty episodes they witnessed me zoning out to while I was sick a few weeks ago with pneumonia. Damn Robertsons!
And one more thing...Seriously, is it camouflage pants because they are pants with camouflage or camouflaged with a "d" because they are pants that have been camouflaged?
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment