Friday, June 1, 2012

Religious Conversations For Ages 5 & 3

Last night before I closed the door I told the boys to remember to tell God 3 things they're thankful for, which is what I tell them nearly every night. I've been trying to get them to think of these things on their own without my help. So, last night I closed the door and I heard this: Saw: Dear God, I am thank... Sumner: Stop! Stop! Saw! Stop! It's my turn to go first Sawyer! Saw: ...ful for things. Sumner: Saw-YER, I said STOP! I go first! (Saw stops) Dear God, I am thankful for my family, most of my friends, and some of my food. Thank you, Jesus. Okay, Saw, you go. Saw: I am thankful for bread, swords, and peanut butter/jelly time. (that's a song if you don't know) Sumner: What about Jesus, Saw? Aren't you thankful for Him? Saw: I don't know. Sumner: Geez, Saw, he died and rose for you! Saw: Oh, okay. Then I had to walk away from the door because I was holding Sass and she was about to start making noises and give me away. But I'm pretty sure that was all. What a HOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment