Friday, June 29, 2012

This Week

It's hot y'all!  But we are surviving.  We've been going swimming in the lake and in Jason's aunt's pool.  And let me tell you that pool will cool you off like none other.  The pool is really shaded during the majority of the day and it is FREEZING!  I don't know how the kids even stand it.  Yesterday it was 98 degrees and my kids came out of the water with blue lips!  Now Saturday it is supposed to be 102 and I think I'll be inviting us over for dip.  Freezing will sound great by then!

Speaking of hot...we took the kids to a minor league baseball game early this week.  They loved it, but it was HOT!  And I mean like scorching.  There were lots of big clouds here and there and we kept praying for the big clouds to come and temporarily cover the sun.  We had a great time regardless of the heat.  The kids had peanuts, popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones, funnel cake and lemonades!  Do you think their daddy spoils them or what?  I brought rice krispy treats and apple oatmeal bites...none of which they wanted since apparently we're made of money and snacks were aplenty!  After the game we went to a state park and let the kids swim in the river.  They really enjoyed it and loved throwing the 4 billion little river rocks that covered the bottom.  There were little pools made by the rocks and lots of rippling cool water.  We saw a couple of little snakes, but I was proud of the kids for not being scared...just appropriately cautious.  Even Sass was all over the place splashing and throwing rocks.  The best part?  The river was FREE (ha ha) after spending $50 million on ballpark snacks.  After a great day (Thanks, Julie!) we headed to Papa and Jan's for a quick rest and dinner.  Nothing like being spoiled by grandparents to top off the day!

A quick story for memory's sake...
Sawyer has been going to the potty pretty regularly lately...what a blessing!  He was scared to go #2 for awhile, like crying because he needed to go and holding it in for like 3 days kind of scared.  He has been getting a treat for going...his favorite is Pez (which I had stashed from Easter).  The other day we ran out of the Pez stash and he said, "Well, I guess no more Pez.  Let's set out our Easter baskets tonight and just get the Easter Bunny to bring some more."  Good thinking.  I can't believe he remembered where the Pez came from.  As of this week he is also not afraid to go #2 anymore...as he told me just this morning, "I'm not afraid to poops, Mommy.  Monkeys aren't afraid are to go poops are they?"  I replied, "No".  "Well, I'm not either.  So that's good!"  All settled then, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment