Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Valentine's Day

I don't make Valentine's Day a super big deal, but I like to have a little something special for the kids in the morning. The night before I made some heart-shaped croissants with cinnamon and Valentine's sprinkles for their breakfast. Then I set out some pink & red plastic champagne glasses (2 for $1) at their places at the table. I also laid out their Valentine bags I made a few years ago, which were "stuffed" (not really) with a handwritten card, a small box of candy, 2 Hershey kisses each (leftover from Christmas), and a backpack tag (2 for $1).  Other than my regular ol' decorations I sprinkled some leftover cutout paper hearts Bebe had used from decorating her school valentine box.  That was it...nothing really huge...just a little love from Mommy and Daddy.
The cutest thing was...that that morning Sumner came running into my room and said, "Mama, Santa Claus came and he brought us valentines!" and then Mr. Repeat-Everything-Sumner-Says said, "Santa Clause came! Santa Clause came!"
They were very excited about it and drank out of their "fancy glasses", as they called them" for 3 days...til Mama put 'em up until next year!
The spread.

Breakfast!  Yum!
By FAR my favorite Valentine's Day sweater of all time! Sumner wore it, Sawyer has now worn it...hopefully Sass will wear it.
The Sass is learning to say CHEESE!

A toast to V-day!
Also, squinting at the camera is big around here.
And another chocolate milk toast to the day!

 And finally, brushing away all those sweets in your Vday j's.

The best thing...was that Daddy had a Starbucks coffee waiting for me when I got up!  Love that guy!  Thank goodness for free drink codes!  They don't call it Starbucks for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment