If you have read this blog at all during the month of October you know that our 4th baby was due about 10.10.10. I had an induction date set for 10.14, but then I cancelled it. So, on 10.15 we finally had a baby! Here's the tale of labor and delivery - short and sweet.
We all went out to dinner Thursday night. I felt fine. I went to bed around 10:30. I felt fine. I dozed off around 11:00. I thought I was going to fall completely asleep, but no. I just couldn't truly fall asleep. I felt a little like I had a cup of caffeinated coffee. Not jittery, just a smidge amped. Must have been adrenaline.
Anyway, I tried to watch a little tv, but there was nothing on that I really wanted to watch around midnight. My dear husband had actually gone to sleep early (something that NEVER happens) and was sleeping like the proverbial baby. I propped myself up around 12:30 or 1:00 to watch some more boring tv. I felt a few little pinches of pain and looked at the clock - 1:30. Hey, then a couple more pinches - 1:38. Then a couple more - 1:46. Huh...pinches 6 minutes apart. Around 2:30 or so little hints of pain every 6-8 minutes. Finally, around 3:00 I decided this was definitely contractions and they were getting closer to 3 minutes apart. At 3:30 I woke my dear sleeping husband (I wish I had slept), and told him if he wanted to take a shower or get some things together now was the time. We called his parents to come over since the 3 kids were sleeping. I called my mom to tell her we would be heading to the hospital sometime tonight. I checked a couple of emails and printed out a schedule for the kids' school and weekend plans. I called the doctor to let them know we were heading in soon and that contractions were a bit more painful and were 2-3 minutes apart. I think I begin pacing the floor throughout the house. Every 2-3 minutes I would have to stop in my tracks and breath out the pain. That's when I knew it was definitely time to get going.
After the in-laws arrived at 4:30, we loaded the car and by 4:45 we were off! I walked into the hospital at 5:00, tried to refuse the wheelchair at the hospital (it always makes the pain worse, don't you think?), and we were wheeled into the room! Upon arrival, we discovered we were about 8 centimeters and pretty much ready to roll. My doctor came in, the one that delivered Bebe, and said it wouldn't be long now! My water broke at 5:30ish. I started pushing at 5:50ish and our gift from God was delivered after about 5 pushes at 6:03! This was the calmest delivery so far. The contractions never really got any closer together than 2 minutes and though it was painful, I didn't get an epidural. I haven't with any of my kids, but I tell you, I have never ruled it out. I'm just glad that it is all over and I don't have to do it again! EVER! I'm done. I'm retiring!
Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it again. All in all, I am just happy that our girl is happy and healthy!
The End!
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment