So the last week in November I told the kids to throw some clothes on and run outside and let's take our Christmas card pictures before the chaos/fun of Thanksgiving and the holidays. So it was like 4:00...the light was already dwindling and there was smoke in the air from area wildfires. That background is not camera trickery...it's smoky outside. Anyway...we finished in record time this year. I think it took us about 30 minutes to do the whole shoot. I guess it's a sign that the kids are growing up and everyone understands the following: "Look at the camera" "Smile for real" and "Stop moving" Also "Someone help hold up the baby" is no longer necessary.
Wellll...most of the time they listened. Surprisingly, Sumner is the hardest one to get to look and smile for real.
We tried a few group shots.
Some serious.
Trendy jumping...but I don't have the camera skills for that.
We did a few individuals.
Someone is a poser.
Gotta love this poser.
Well, most of the time you gotta love the poser.
I'm not sure what this hold-your-left-leg-up pose was about.
Mr. GQ...he didn't know I was taking this one.
Tough guy.
And this one was all about being perfect!
Perfection! After all the serious shots...this one was the one we used on the card. One where they were just being themselves. Although on the card I did zoom in a little. They were playing around and actually laughing and enjoying themselves.
But then reality hit...the light faded away...they wanted the clothes off...we had to head to a practice of some sort...eat dinner quickly...and I'm sure an argument picked up where it left off half an hour before! haha Love these crazy kids of mine.
I just love catching them with their "real" smiles! great job
ReplyDelete