Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Slices of Life

With Mother's Day barely in the past I remembered Sawyer bringing me a "present" a couple of years back.  I would say he had just turned 3 and he came in and handed me a flower.  Okay, it was just a leaf from a bush, but he called it a flower.  He said, "Momma, I wrenched this flower off for you for Mother's Day!  Love it?"

Yes, I love it...and still do.  That now crispy leaf lives in a little box beside my bed.

**********

I gave Sass an old little notebook I wasn't using anymore.  It probably had about 10-15 pages left in it.  She hugged it and said squeezed it and squealed, "Oh!  A diarrhea!  I'm gonna name it Beautiful Diarrhea Sparkle Shine!"

Me:  "It's die-uh-ree.  Not diarrhea.  Diary is what you write in.  Diarrhea is when your tummy is upset."

Sass:  Major cringe face. "Ewww!"  And she held the diary at arms length like it stunk for like 5 minutes!

**********

On one of the last few days of winter I asked Sass to wear this cute little Lilly Pulitzer dress that her Daddy had bought for her.  She had only worn it a couple of times and it was already getting sorta small. 

Me:  "Can you wear this one more time for Mommy?  For Daddy?  It's so cute."

Her response: "Ugh, Okay...but brown is not my color."

**********

Sass picked up a piece of the dog's food that had fallen out of his bowl and proclaimed, "Hey, these are Ace's Cheerios!"

**********

Sumner and Sawyer stopped to listen to something on TV as they ran from one room to another. 

Saw:  I can't believe that happened.

Sumner:  What did they say?  I can't hear it.

Saw:  Dude, whatta you have bad earsight?

**********

At church a couple of Sundays ago, the preacher was talking about saying a prayer for those that we could not be with...those far away in spirit or location.  Also to remember in your heart those that are not longer with us.  That even though we miss them we know they are in a good place.
Sass leaned over to me and said, "I'll miss the dinosaurs."

**********

There are just some things that take you back.  Jason and I are so silly.  There are a pair of sandals that totally take us back to when Bebe was our one and only baby.  She had this little pair of sandals that she wore that were just so cute and we have a special picture of her with her great grandmother and in it she's wearing the sandals.

Sassy wore them a bit, but she's long since outgrown them. 

About 2 years ago I asked Jason to throw them out because I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  He smirked like I was being ridiculous.  I set them on this cabinet for him to throw out.  Nearly two years later they still sat there on the cabinet.  I asked him the other day if he was ever going to throw them out.  I still couldn't do it.  He laughed and said he couldn't either!  Sappy pot calling the sappy kettle black!  We still have them.  They are old, nasty, and still so much a precious part of our memory that we finally just put them in her baby box! ha ha



*Again title totally stolen from Grass Stains - Alabama blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment