Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Slices of Life

Awhile back Sass was asking me to guess the name of the Disney princess she was thinking of and I was saying...Does she have long hair?  Does she have blonde hair or brown?  Does she live in a castle?...just to prolong the game.  However, she got frustrated with my being too slow and said, "Ugh!  Mommy, it starts with Yellow!"  Which, if you know anything about the princesses means Belle from Beauty and the Beast...with her big yellow ball gown.


**********


We were watching a tv show that was showing some different outfits people wear from around the world.  You know the type that shows off the culture of the country.  I think there was some Flamenco dancers and a bull fighter from Spain, a geisha in a kimono, some Russian guys in big furry hats, etc.  You get the picture. 
Well, Sumner piped up and said with some relief, "I sure am glad I'm American.  I like our clothes!"


**********


Sassy has a little boy named Dylan that she's real big buddies with in her preschool class.  She has apparently been asking him to come over for a playdate several times.  She got in the car after school the other day and said...
"I asked Dylan to come over this week.  I told him where we live two times." 
Exasperated she said, "I even told him we live right beside our neighbors!  And he said he still didn't know where that was!"


**********


Sawyer walked in the bathroom one day as I was putting on a bra and a V-neck t-shirt.  He looked at me kinda funny and said, "What's that thing called again?  That double fabric-y thing that covers your boobies?"
Me:  A bra.
Saw:  Why do you wear that?
Me:  It's just part of what grown up mommies wear.  A part of your underwear, I guess.
Saw:  Oh, I thought 'cause when you wear that kinda t-shirt that has that shape (pointing to my V-neck) it helps keep 'em from flopping out.


**********


After a shower the other day I put some lotion on The Sass.  As I smoothed it onto her arms she said with a little hip shake..."I'm gonna be smooth like Jagger.  Smooth like Jagger!"   That kid has some great comedic timing!
(for those that don't know...that was a hit song a couple of years ago by Maroon 5 and the lyrics go like..
With them moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
Ooh ooh oooo ooh
I've got the moves like Jagger.)


**********


Sumner and Sawyer were playing on the floor, doing what I don't know, rolling around and sliding on this big blue blanket on the hardwood floors.  Sumner was trying to get Saw to lay just right on the blanket so he could cover him up.  After a couple of attempts to explain, Sumner said, "Geez, Saw, just roll up like 2 snakes in a pie!"
(Me thinking...Huh?)


*title slices of life totally stolen from Alabama blogger Grass Stains

No comments:

Post a Comment