...at least for Thanksgiving, that is.
We stayed at home for Thanksgiving. It was sooo nice! We slept til nearly 8:30 or 9 and stayed in our pj's until nearly noon! Don't tell anyone, but on Sunday, we skipped church and the kids stayed in their pajamas all day!
We stayed at home for 2 reasons:
1) We were tired. We have something going on nearly every night of the week. Somewhere we need to be, a team we need to coach, a supply we need to drop off and...well...supply, or something we must do! This was a chance to be at home for nearly 4 days with nowhere to be!
2) We potty-trained the Sass. She wasn't really interested before, so I thought I'd give her until she was 3 and hope she would have that "ah-ha I'm ready to go moment", but no luck. So we went with the forced method of...here's your underwear now you must use the potty. We had a few accidents, but not that many. The awesome part is that she's doing really well going tee-tee in the potty, but she's not keen on going, er #2, so we've had some extra laundry/tossed out undies. So we're 90% there! Can you imagine a world without changing diapers! I've been changing diapers folks since February 2004! By the time we get out of diapers for night time...that'll be 10 YEARS!
Sidenote: Oh the things I could've bought with all that money spent on diapers in 10 years!
Anyway, that's why we were home for the holiday! A much needed rest and potty-training focus!
Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic, too! Bring on the Christmas holidays! I love the smells of cinnamon, the eggnog, the lights on houses...I love it all!
Did someone say sausage balls, hmm?
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment