| See our sweet crib? Please ignore the mess! |
I could just picture it all...
My baby girl at age 3, falling asleep in her little daybed. Then when she was like 4 or 5 we'd lovingly make it into a fabulous double bed. Nice and big for a friend to sleep over! The bed that she would have until she moved out to attend the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. And if she needed it for an apartment...well we'd move it for her with smiles on our faces...remembering the baby girl in the crib.
Record scratch.
Bebe slept in the crib until she was about 3. We had to keep her contained because she would cry and scream at night and not want to go to sleep. After a bit of a tough time, she calmed down, but then we had to get her a different big girl bed because baby boy #1 was on his way and we needed the crib.
Sumner slept in the crib until he was 2. Then we got him a big boy bed because baby boy #2 was on his way.
Then Sawyer slept in the crib for like 17 months (poor guy) because baby sister was on her way!
Not one kid ever tried to climb out of that crib...until The Sass came along.
We've been talking about converting the crib to a bed for awhile, but as long as I can keep a kid contained - I will.
But Little Miss Sassy has been climbing out so often (every morning) and won't take naps anymore so we decided to just go for it.
So 9 and a half years in...we've finally taken the crib apart. Y'all, I'm not gonna say it wasn't a little bit sad. I can't believe we're here!
Isn't it sweet?! sniff sniff
| Please note the amount of dust under the bed! What's that? Sorry I couldn't hear you over the phone ringing... the EPA is calling to revoke my cleaning license. |
| The Sass at her finest! |
I've had my crib since July 2005, when I found out I was having a girl. It doesn't convert, but they all got kicked out of it early for the next kid anyway. Then we had Daisy, who slept with me until she was two, then moved to a pillow on my floor. Don't get me started. Anyway. A few months ago, nick sold it. I knew he was going to. We hadn't set it up when we moved to London, it was completely useless. BUT STILL. Oh how I wept. WEPT I tell ya. Babies growing up can be the worst.
ReplyDelete