Friday, September 6, 2013

The Light Fixture Lives Another Day

When we moved into our house 6 years ago the dining room had a horrible old brass light fixture that called out, "Replace me.  I'm old.  Throw me out and buy a cool new updated light fixture."  But with limited funds and a lot of renovation going on, my wallet replied, "No replacement...just redo."  So I painted it matte black to look like wrought iron, added black lampshades, and called it an upgrade.  The evidence is below...


 Well, six years later the "wrought iron" fixture began calling out to me again, "Seriously, I'm old.  Can we do something here!?"  You don't even want to know what the cobwebs were saying.  But once again my wallet cried out, "No funds for fun."  So I went to my bag of tricks and pulled out..well err...the same trick...spray paint.  I was going for a slightly lighter blue, but the only other color they had was so pale that I was afraid it would look lavender in the natural light.  Lavender?  Um, no thank you.  So here is what we've got now...
Love it or hate it...it's here for probably for another 6 years.  Apparently, I can handle the verbal abuse from an old (and cranky) light fixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment