Okay, so we got back from another beach trip on Saturday and I haven't even had time between washing clothes and registering for our extra-curricular activities to even download those pics yet...until now! Buckle up Internet...it's a lot of pics!
On our last beach trip of the season we packed in the fun!
 |
| We boogie-boarded... |
 |
| and boogie-boarded... |
 |
| & boogie-boarded some more! Whoo hoo! |
 |
Well some did, while others were a touch afraid of getting too deep!
Therefore, some opted for holding the board in the less-challenging
ripples. Let's just say Sawyer preferred a less aggressive wave. |
 |
Some actually chose life-guarding roles from the tent area
(and to suck a salty thumb). |
 |
Some napped in chairs.
A much needed and well-deserved nap indeed! |
 |
Of course, there were many special moments with Daddy.
Daddy is always the go-to-guy for jumping in the waves, boogie-boarding,
playing a little bocci ball, or having a good man-to-man conversation as seen above. |
 |
| We did a lot of swimming, too! It is so refreshing after a day on the beach! |
 |
| Love that girl! |
 |
While riding the waves wasn't for everyone...
some chose to pose for photos
at every available opportunity. |
 |
And pose...
(I mean, are you kidding me!? I just died from
the cuteness overload!) |
 |
| And pose... |
 |
And share the limelight (for a minute).
"Get outta here Saw", followed this picture. |
 |
We went to the waterpark! Sumner need not have worried that he wouldn't
be tall enough to ride the big kid rides this time!
All that gel we put in his hair to give him the extra height wasn't
necessary after all...he had it covered by a good inch! |
 |
| Sass got in on the action for the first time! Whee! |
 |
Sawyer is a veteran with one
year under his belt...er Speedo! |
 |
Back on the beach...there were high tide puddles to jump in!
Always a good time! |
 |
| We played putt-putt...a beach tradition, of course. |
 |
A game that is really more about scraping and banging the putter
along the astro turf until the ball is eventually pushed into the cup.
Then a yell and a nod to my scorecard..."Mommy, how many did I get?" |
We had a blast again! Only one real rainy day...we took the kids to see the movie Planes and just bummed around the house. Other than that one day we enjoyed sitting on the beach, riding the waves, eating and eating and eating shrimp, shopping for postcards, watching tv, reading books, sipping pina coladas (virgin for the kids...of course), jumping the waves, building sandcastles, collecting shells by the bucketload! Bebe even had a "digger farm" going at one point. She loves to collect the diggers and watch them dig their way back into the sand! I mean fun for all really, am I right? We had no chafed thighs and private parts for the boys this year...I finally got smart and bought the boys Speedo bathing suits! A success all around. They wore them EVERYDAY except at the waterslides and LOVED them. Not one complaint...why, oh why did I not buy these years ago!? So, until next year...thank you so much to Nana and PawPaw Mason, our gracious hosts once again! I raise my pina colada (or my Corona with lime or my glass of red wine) in your honor!
No comments:
Post a Comment