Thursday, August 29, 2013

School's In...The Mommas' Grin (And the Sports Begin)

We're 4 days into the school year.
I can't wait for next summer!  Sleeping late...no lunches to pack at night...no homework...lounging by the lake...
But that's neither here nor there because we've got 176 days to go until then! ha ha

Actually school is going well.  Bebe LOVES her teacher and being a 4th grader!  It also helps that one of her good friends, Emma, is in her class.  Having a good friend makes it all so much more fun.  In addition to being in her class, Emma is on her volleyball team!  So they're just 2 peas in a little pod lately.  Speaking of volleyball...Bebe is playing volleyball for her school this year and she LOVES it!  She has decided that she not only wants to be a librarian when she grows up, but she might want to be a superstar volleyball player.  Her words, y'all.  She's only had 2 practices (plus a 3 day volleyball camp this August) and I'd say she's pretty good.  She's definitely picked it up quickly...a good serve...decent anticipation of when it's her ball...understanding of scoring, etc.  The downside...practices are 6-7:45 twice a week.  It's a little late when trying to get kids in the bed as close to 8:00 as possible.

Sumner is loving school, too.  He thinks he's big stuff being in 1st grade because they have desks!  Not tables!  He has several good friends in his class (including Emma's little brother Max), so that's been pretty cool.  Also, Max is on his soccer team...so they too are like peas in a pod.  We changed leagues this year so that he would be in a league that uses goalies for 6 & 7 year olds.  He was over playing 'no goalies' in the other league.  He didn't even want to sign up for soccer if he couldn't play goalie.  My what "goals" he has, huh?  It really is funny that that is something he really wanted to do and wouldn't budge on.  Games start in about a week, so I'm dying to see how well he's gonna do at goalie when it's his turn.  We've warned him...it ain't easy.  He's pretty pumped, so I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that he does great.
He has also started Tae Kwon Do.  He LOVES it...I mean really LOVE, LOVE, LOVES it!  He is super-stoked to go into class and when he comes home he holds "class" in his room.  Or dojo...excuse me.  He borrowed some belts from me and hands them out during "ceremonies" at the end of class to his siblings.  So stinkin' cute.

Sawyer and Sass will start school next week.  Both have declared preschool a 'no go'.  They are not interested.  However, tuition for the month is paid...they'll be dropped off regardless.  I'm praying they'll just go in...they don't have to be happy, but just go in without crying.
*Odds are Sass will cry.  Sumner and Sawyer both cried for about a month or 2 when they first started.

Sawyer will start soccer next week.  He's very excited.  We've also switched leagues with him.  He will do a 30 minute practice and then a 30 minute game...one and done.  No practice one day and game another day, which is what we've done before.  It should be fun.  Oh! and did I mention that Jason and I are coaching his team?  Good times I'm tellin' ya! (rolling eyes toward Heaven)  His team needed a coach and the guilt got to me and I volunteered us.  What an idiot I am!  ha ha

Well, off to prepare items for a consignment sale!  Does the fun never stop!?

No comments:

Post a Comment