Monday, January 28, 2013

Shave and a Haircut...Two Bits!

Okay, is anyone old enough to even know what that title means?  Or is it just me?

My boys are obsessed with scissors.  I mean give Saw a pair of scissors and some paper and that cat will be totally out of your hair (ha-I'm punny) for a couple of hours!  The other day Meme came up and gave them haircuts.  Yay for memories of your grandmother cutting your hair...not to mention free haircuts!

Well, Saw is just mesmerized at Meme's cuttin' scissors and he REALLY wants to try them out.  I REALLY don't want him to, so I came up with something to keep the scissors out of his own hair.

I folded long pieces of paper and cut long strips almost to the end for them to trim, cut and style.  This little gem of an idea kept these two busy for an hour.  I made them first promise to clean up and I'd let them do as much as they could until supper.  They promised and followed through at the end.

THe best part was their conversation...it went something like this:

Sumner:  Welcome to Great Clips!  Sit right down.
Sawyer (aka Mr. Repeat):  Welcome to Great Clips!  Sit right down.

Sumner:  What kind of hair cut would you like?  Would you like a GI? Or what?
Sawyer:  What kinda hair cut?  Would you like a GI? Or what?

Sumner:  I'm just gonna do a little cut and we'll see.
Sawyer:  I'm just gonna chop it all off.

Sumner:  Thanks for coming in and don't forget your lollipop.
Sawyer:  I want a lollipop.

No comments:

Post a Comment