Sawyer hit the trifecta this morning. He had ear tubes, tonsils and adenoids taken out today. Bless his heart he did fantastic. We took him to the hospital at 6 a.m. in his Superman pjs...I figured why mess with him and put in clothes when he's just going to have to put a hospital gown on? And Superman vibes couldn't hurt, right? Anyway, he was in surgery by 7:15 and out by 7:50! It was so fast! By 8ish we were by his bed to see him open his eyes. He was a little fussy, but overall a great trooper. He napped a little bit in his room watching cartoons and then we were on the way home by 10:00.
I just couldn't get over it, but he was drinking Gatorade & apple juice, eating applesauce, and helping me make mac'n'cheese at 11:30! The kid is a monster. After a quick nap and some meds he went out for ice cream with his pal, Daddy. It was suggested by Saw that I stay home and fold his laundry! Ha ha Always the pre-ball Cinderella, never the Princess Cindy! ha ha
Anyway, I'm sure he'll have a bit of a "crash" at the end of the evening and we'll be waking him up at 2:00 and 6:00 in the morning for pain meds. Overall, we are so pleased that our baby has surpassed our first day expectations. The real challenge will be keeping him CALM for TWO WEEKS! I am currently taking appointments for people willing to come keep my other 3 entertained while I hold down Saw!
Also, thank you to Nana and PawPaw Mason who kept the other 3 kids so we could focus on the Little Man! Love, love.
‘Tis the Season Saturday {09.19.26}
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment