Thursday, December 29, 2011

Countdown to Christmas Recap

Here's some of our activities leading up to Christmas.

Putting up artwork from Christmas' past...I LOVE this tradition we've started. I do it for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter. I just throw these in my holiday totes last (to keep them flat). The kids love seeing their work from when they were "little".

Mommy Cooking...
The tree...pre-presents and pre-star.
Decorating...my mom made these like 30 years ago out of styrofoam spheres, fabric, and Clorox bottles...I can't bear to part with them even though they are showing their age.  I remember them from my childhood and I loved them on my mantel this year.

Santa used to have a sack full of toys, but I don't know what happened to that.  Next year maybe I'll come up with something for him to hold.
Reading Christmas books... (yes, I realize she's holding up Junie B. - not Christmas)
Singing songs at Preschool...



This would be cute except for the big ol' ex-NFLer's head in the way!    Can you guess who he is?  Nah, I didn't think so! ha  Note to self:  Next year, don't sit behind the 6'8" guy.

Making Christmas cookies...
 Decorating cookies...



I love this time of year...all the excitement...all the colors and lights and goodies.  I love the anticipation of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Up next - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day pictures!  Plus, stay-tuned for our reorganization plans for the kids' rooms!  Our resolution...slimmer, trimmer family of six!  That means slimmer, trimmer in terms of stuff, not waistlines!

No comments:

Post a Comment