Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Ole Girl

For those of you who know us well...it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you...our sweet Badin died last night. She was 13 years old. She must have had a little heart attack or something. She was walking around all day, doing her morning rounds in the yard and napping in the sun. However, after dinner Jason went to feed her and let her out for a bit and she was gone. Basically, I think she's been a little lonely since Jax left us about a year ago...her buddy of 12 years. She's been a little stiff and wobbly the past few months, lost a tooth of all things a few weeks ago, and a few other things. So, there's been signs, but we were hoping she would be able to enjoy the spring and lounging in the sun. I will miss her. I feel like I've had her forever. I still remember her floppy ears (that once they popped up, never went down again), her little pink tummy, her riding in my lap going down the Interstate, and my first date with Jason...walking our puppies in Chapel Hill. So many memories...so few words to express...we will miss her. I guess she and Jax can play in Heaven...just like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment